What any startup needs is funding. In a world where data is the new oil, every business is a data business. This means that developing the right data strategy, and positioning of data products is key in raising funding.
On this workshop, professor of entrepreneurship Walid Ghodbane will discuss topics like:
- What are the different types of funding that a startup can follow?
- When is the right time to go to a VC?
- What funding alternatives exist to angels and VCs?
- How to defend your choice in front of VCs and angel investors?
- What are the formulas you should use to maximise success of the fundraising effort?
The workshop also includes consultation sessions, during which Professor Ghodbane will help you come up with the right fundraising strategy.
Who should attend this event?
- Entrepreneurs who are trying to scale up their startup, and raise a series A or series B round.
- The event is also relevant for early-stage startups and entrepreneurs who want to understand the process of fundraising better.
- Startups with a strong data component
About the instructor
Dr. Walid Ghodbane is Assistant Professor of Business Administration and deputy dean for accreditation at ESCT Business School. He is visiting professor of MIS at SWISS UMEF University at Switzerland. He is member and mentor of world’s top accelerators such as The Alchemist of the United States, and Seedstars of Switzerland. He is member and reviewer of Academy of Management (AOM) and Alumni of Startups scaling and mentoring program of the United States Department of State (IVLP).
What is the structure of the bootcamp?
This bootcamp normally lasts for a full day, but now it will be held online and split over a number of sessions. The goal is to run this bootcamp after working hours (after 5GMT) split over 2-3 sessions. The time and days of the session will be decided by the participants and the instructor.
Terms of service
If the number of participants is insufficient, the bootcamp will be postponed and the participants will be able to get a refund.
This event is organised by the Tesseract Academy. We help decision makers understand technology and grow their businesses.